Mine and mine alone
I’m Gretchen. I am…
- Lutheran (as is 1 percent of the world*).
- More specifically, confessional Lutheran (a much smaller percentage).
- Married since 2000, and happily, to my tall, brown-haired, blue-eyed, handsome husband, Derek, who also happens to be a wonderful pastor and father (I’m biased, but it’s true. Really.).
- A mother of more than 1.86 kids (3, to be exact; we’re doing church growth the old-fashioned way).
- Owner of an online business who works part time from home.
- An introvert, which means I probably like you better in theory than in person.
- A home cook who makes dinner almost every night while drinking wine and listening to podcasts of Issues, Etc.
- A vegetarian wanna-be. Except I like chicken picatta, peanut butter pork, bacon, sausage, and other meats that are either cured or drowned in sauce.
- A wine and beer snob who loves well-made wine and hoppy craft beer but would choose water over light beer or white zin.
- Slightly fanatic about composting.
- Making plans to either civilize my new garden or just let the woods grow in.
- Eclectic in my musical tastes, but acoustic guitar stirs my soul.
- A Northwest transplant to the Southeast, happily, except in August.
- A single-issue voter who generally tries to avoid pundits, talking heads, fearmongers, and idiots on both sides of the aisle.
- In love with beautiful typography.
- A terrible photographer. You’ve been warned.
This is my blog. Welcome.
I’ve written/write several blogs related to my work. They’re fun and interesting and they help my business, but they’re about single topics. This blog is my figurative kitchen instead of my office. It’s just for me: for fun, edification, and a place to sort out the issues in my mind and heart.